We only have 5 days to go before Christmas!!! It’s my favorite and most anticipated celebration of all time – remembering the birth of Jesus and God’s unconditional love for all of us. Getting together with people who are dear to me makes this season joyful and memorable. It has become a tradition for me.
Part of our Christmas traditions is setting up an Advent Calendar every year for my little boy. I have previously shared on Facebook our Advent setup for 2015 and how my son happily anticipates the opening of his small treats and gamely poses on our Christmas nook without the need for coaxing. It has become more exciting this year because Louiji already knows how to read numbers which enables him to identify which package to pluck from our garland.
For this year’s Advent Calendar, I am glad to have plenty of options for the fillers. Check out the list of goodies that I have wrapped with love for my Sweetie Pie!
- Vita Cubes Fruit Flavored Jelly Candies – We can’t get enough of these vitamin-fortified jelly cubies! They are not too sweet and has not caused sore throat (so far!) for my little boy even as he munched on more than one cube at a time. These yummy jellies are enriched with Lysine, Zinc, Vitamins A, B, C, and E. Vita Cubes are easy on the budget, too. The 50-gram pack, which has all the five different flavors in it (orange, mango, grape, strawberry, and apple) costs only Php12. You can even buy the piso pack (individually wrapped jellies) from the nearby sari-sari store.
2. Mickey Mouse Kiddie Toothbrush – With all the sweet treats that he is consuming, I must ensure that his milk teeth are well taken cared of. And since this oral health partner comes in his favorite character, my son would be happy to have it.
3. Munchkin Microwave-safe Colored Bowls – I was giddy to have found those bowls at the Baby Company store in Southmall that I immediately grabbed a set for my son. Munchkin is one of the baby and kiddie stuff brands that I trust for its quality. The fish design on the outer part of the bowls is a bonus for my fish-loving tot.
4. Arts and Crafts Materials – I have bought a few cute stuff from the bookstore such as sea creatures-inspired pencils, colored glue, and sponge stamps that we can use on our creativity sessions.
5. Villa Del Conte Praline Sticks in Dark Chocolate with Min Cream Filling – Don’t worry, I have closely monitored his consumption of these delectable goodies. It’s a good thing that he already knows how to share and he gave some to me and his Dad 🙂
6. Sando, Short Pants and Jammies – I was able to score good quality and affordable clothes from the recent St James Bazaar and was able to find designs that suit my toddler’s preferences.
7. Marshmallows – Okay, another sweet treat! It my boy’s favorite though we seldom get some for him and we make sure that he eats them in moderation.
8. Trail Mix – He enjoyed munching on the peanuts, cashews, almonds, chocolate chips, and raisins. Actually, he picked almost all the raisins in the foil pack. He began to develop a liking for these dried fruits when he saw me eat a handful of raisins for dessert.
9. Chocolate Coated Cookies
10. Gummy Worms
There you have it! Those were the goodies that I have curated for my boy’s 2015 Advent Calendar. You may want to include them as options for your giveaways for the kids.
What are your ideas for your own Advent Calendar? Please share with us in the comments 🙂