I have noticed that salads have become a staple in our family celebrations. Whenever we get together with our relatives, I am sure to see a salad of any kind served on the table. It may be a vegetable salad, fruit salad, macaroni salad or something of the experimental kind (depending on who hosted the gathering). I, for one, have many variations of the macaroni salad which I have served during special occasions. I am sharing one of the varieties here on the blog today.
MACARONI SALAD WITH CHICKEN & CASHEW
400g macaroni salad, cooked according to package directions
1 c of boiled and shredded chicken breast
1/2 c of Jolly Whole Corn Kernels
443.60 ml of Jolly Real Mayonnaise
1 c of grated cheese
1 small pack of cashew nuts
Salt and pepper to taste
Easy Peasy Steps:
1. Drain the cooked macaroni thoroughly.
2. Add in the shredded chicken, mayonnaise, kernel corn, grated cheese and mix them altogether.
3. Add salt and pepper according to your taste preferences. You may add in a scoop of sugar if you have put in too much salt. This works well for me.
4. Top your salad with cashew nuts.
5. Chill for a few hours before serving.
Isn’t that easy? You can actually prepare this salad to make everyday meals special.
How about you? What’s your special salad recipe? Please do share in the comments below 🙂