Heart Healthy Recipes at GMA 7’s Sarap Diva
UPDATE: Due to the coverage of the Papal Visit, Sarap Diva will be aired on January 24 and 31.
We’re having a long weekend here at the Philippines this week. The whole of Metro Manila is on a special holiday to give way for the visit of Pope Francis. The Filipinos are truly blessed to have been visited by the Bishop of Rome and that is why a lot of people went the extra mile just to get closer or even have a glimpse of the Pope.
Long weekends are meant to be enjoyed with the whole family. What better way to spend this mini-vacation than to prepare a special meal for our loved ones! You don’t have to look far for a new recipe to serve the fambam this weekend. Just tune in to GMA 7 this Saturday, January 17 and next week at January 24 at 9:40AM to 10:25AM, to catch Regine Velasquez-Alcasid at Sarap Diva as she works her magic on exciting dishes with Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil. Regine will teach us how to cook Pamplina, a Spanish-influenced soup dish, and tasty Pork Steak with Mushroom Bits.
Here’s a quick recipe:
PORK STEAK WITH MUSHROOM BITS
1 kg pork steak, cut into small cubes
1/2 cup soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp ground paprika
2 tbsps Jolly Canola Oil
2-3 tbsps chopped garlic
2 cans Jolly Button Mushroom Whole, cut in half
1/2 cup red wine
2 tbsps butter
garnish with some toasted garlic and chopped parsley
- Season pork steak in soy sauce, salt and pepper, set aside.
- Preheat a pan with some Jolly Canola Oil and cookthe pork cubes until slightly brown in color.
- Remove from pan. Toss in the chopped garlic and Jolly Button Mushrooms. Saute then season with some salt, pepper and ground paprika.
- Deglaze with the red wine then simmer until sauce is slightly thick.
- Mix in the cooked pork and cold butter.
- Transfer to a plate then garnish with some toasted garlic and chopped parsley.
Aside from being featured at Sarap Diva, the Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil has shared the spotlight with Donita Rose last December at another GMA 7 show titled Basta Everyday Happy. Donita showcased eight Filipino favorites including Beef Stew, Crispy Calamari, Crispy Binagoongan, Beef Caldereta, Wholesome Chicken, Paella, and the following Heart-Healthy Salmon recipe.
For the Salmon:
2 center-cut salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ cup finely chopped cilanto
2 Tbsp Jolly Canola oil
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salsa:
1 medium red onion
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 pcs medium tomatoes
2 firm-ripe avocados
1 pc rip mango
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow bowl. Toss well with lemon juice, cilantro, Jolly Canola oil, and pepper. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Cook the salmon, skinside down in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan and carefully lifting the salmon with a spatula to loosen it from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan and cook until the salmon is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes more. The skin should be crisp and the flesh medium rare.
- To make the salsa: Finely chop onion and mince garlic. In a bowl toss onion and garlic with cilantro.
- Chop tomatoes and mango, add to onion mixture, tossing to combine.
- Peel and pit avocados and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Add avocados, lime juice, and pepper to taste. Spoon over cooked salmon.
Here’s why Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil is the best cooking companion:
Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil, Better for the Heart, Better for the Budget, is the heart-healthy, versatile, and value for money cooking oil. Canola Oil is one of the healthiest cooking oils because of its LOW saturated fat (BAD FAT) and high monounsaturated fat (GOOD FAT) content. Jolly Canola Oil has omega 3 and 6 which are good for the heart. It has a pale golden color, light texture, and neutral taste so you can use it for any dish. Jolly Canola Oil also has a high smoking point which makes it ideal for frying.
Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil is exclusively distributed by Fly Ace Corporation. It is available in all major supermarkets nationwide. Learn more about Jolly Heart Mate Canola Oil at www.flyacecorp.com.